Our Mission Statement:
1. To be on mission beyond the walls of the church by proclaiming the gospel through the performing arts, casting a vision for performing arts ministry, and partnering with other organizations in ministry.
2. To minister to our own members, by providing a place for them to be on mission using their artistic and other gifts as part of a loving community of believers.
Our Core Values of Belief and Commitment:
We proclaim our witness to the love of Jesus Christ through our worship, discipleship, and mission.
- That God created all that is out of nothing, and God called the creation “good.” When human beings decided to live without God, sin and death entered the world, condemning humankind. Therefore, we know that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God and require a savior. (Gen.1-3; Rom.3:23, 5:12; Eph. 2:3)
That God is gracious and merciful and came in Jesus Christ to seek and save the lost. All are called to put trust in Jesus Christ, who is fully God and fully man. (Mark 1:14-15; Eph.2:8-9; Rom.10:9-11)
- That Jesus Christ alone is Lord of all and the way of salvation. (John 14:6, Acts 4:1-2)
- That his death on the cross is the atoning sacrifice for the sin that separates us from God and from each other. Through Jesus, we are reunited with God through justification and with each other. (1Peter 2:24, 1John 2:1-2; 2Cor. 5:17-18
- That our life and ministry must be empowered by the Holy Spirit, who binds us more and more to Christ, setting us apart for His purposes in the world through sanctification. (Rom.12:1-2; 1Cor. 6:11)
- That God’s people are called to holiness in all aspects of life and called to live as his witnesses to transformation. This includes honoring the sanctity of life and the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman. (Rom.1:26-27; 1Pet. 1:16; Heb.13:4; 1Cor.6:9)
- That we are called to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ to the world, making disciples in His name. (Matt.28:18-20)
- That Holy Scripture is the triune God’s revealed Word, and the Church’s only infallible rule of faith and lifestyle. (Matt.4:4; 2 Tim. 3:16; Isaiah 40:8; 2 Peter 2:20-21).
- That all power in heaven and earth is given to Jesus Christ by Almighty God, who raised Christ from the dead and set him above all rulers and authorities, all powers and dominions, and every name, not only in this age but also for all eternity. God has put all things under the Lordship of Jesus Christ and has made Christ head of the church, which is His body. (Matt. 28:18; Col. 1:15-20; Rom. 14:11)
Humbly recognizing our utter dependence on God in all things, we commit ourselves to:
- Love: We seek to love God, love each other, and love those we serve in His name.
- Ministry: We minister to the people we are called to serve and to each other as brothers and sisters in Christ. Our focus is outward; we desire to serve with selflessness and humility.
- Thanksgiving: Our ministry is a thankful and joyful response to God’s love for us and His immeasurable gift of salvation through Jesus Christ His Son. We rejoice that He allows us to participate, through the medium of the performing arts, in sharing His love for the world.
- Stewardship: We recognize that everything we have, both our talents as performers and our material and monetary resources, are gifts from God, given because He loves us, and in order that we may use them to share the gospel and glorify His name. We are committed to using all His generous gifts with integrity, prudence, and excellence.
- Prayer: Our earnest desire is that Knoxville Christian Arts Ministries be GOD’S ministry, not ours. We do not wish to operate according to human understanding but solely through His power, and we recognize that only through regular and ongoing prayer can we submit ourselves to Him. We humbly seek His guidance and wisdom for every aspect of this ministry, and we rest in the joyful knowledge that He is always faithful to those who seek Him.